My Reads Pt.2

 Hey,

I might be the last person wishing you but Happy New Year! I still cannot believe we've already completed 22 years of this century. My new year was minimal and full of studies because my exams were there on my head. Exams are still going on and I have been really busy. I have not posted anything ever since my anniversary blog because I have got zero time for writing. School is pretty hectic and occupies my majority of time and unfortunately you have to keep up with this inconsistent uploading schedule for another 2 months because I will get time in the last week of March. I hope everyone gets to fulfill their targets this year and accomplish all resolutions.
For the first time in the history of my life I did not make resolutions on 1st January because I had no time!!! Believe it or not study consumes you entirely. Last year I posted a resolution blog and I hope I release one this year as well. The post that you are about to read is one of the blogs from my vault, it is the second part of my previously named series, 'Best Reads'.

Now that you have a context, let's go

I have changed the name of this series because not every novel will be the best read, right? 
In the previous, My Reads, I mentioned my reading journey and the first three novels I read. We'll continue from there.

After completing Ordeal By Innocence I finally moved on to a different author. 

The book was Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney. Feeney is a British novelist who predominantly writes thrillers and mysteries. The summary of this book was what caught my attention and the book is beyond imagination. It was gripping, chilling, fast-paced, and beautifully written down. It would be just to say that this novel's mystery was spine-chilling, it is something extremely unique. I was reading it with all my senses intact but the twist left me in splits. Not even for one second, I second-guessed any part of this novel. The letters from the past were intelligently put in between. The cover page made sense ever since I started with the first page.

Characters were minimal, and literature difficulty was normal to medium. I did get some amazing quotes out of the characters. I would highly recommend this one and it could be read before you start Agatha Christie novels because she has written more crime.

In my mystery and thriller genre, this book tops the list and for crime, ATTWN maintains its spot. 

I was very fine reading novels from this genre until my friend convinced me to start Romance. I expected to read some normal romance but what she suggested swept me off the floor. Twisted Series is not a joke. Read it if you have lots of time in your schedule because you crave the next one even before the previous one finishes. I'll share my review in detail below, let's brief you a little before we dive in.

Twisted Series, a four-novel series, is written by Ana Huang. It is a new adult contemporary romance. The literature difficulty was low, almost layman language. The story follows four friends- Ava, Bridget, Jules, and Stella who were assigned the same dorm room in their first year of college and are best friends ever since. The series works in the same chronological order and describes the story and personal life of each character. 


#1 Twisted Love
A one-time read. The storyline does have a few components which I realized after I finished the series, with Alex (male lead) having traumatic childhood and Ava (female lead) having family issues. The thing that was a turn-off was Alex's possessiveness and since all the books in the series are double POV you actually get a sense of the character's mentality.
If you are into a possessive male lead and I-will-do-everything-for-my-sunshine novel, get this one guys!

# 2 Twisted Games
The story build-up was strong and smooth. Cliche story but Bridget(female) is amiable. If you wish to read a Royal Romance you can definitely get this one. To put it in instagram language, it is a bodyguard romance.

#3 Twisted Hate
Best novel in the series for me. Had all aspects that I wanted in romance. My personal favorite was Josh's(male lead) sense of humor, he was extremely sarcastic and funny. Josh and Jules(female lead) had tragic pasts and since none of them was a billionaire so you can read a sense of reality. It is an enemies to lover trope.

#4 Twisted Lies
The plot is not gripping but what's worth it is its scenes. Christian(male lead) and Stella(female lead) were the only things that made sure I read it till the end. Definitely, there is a great improvement in writing style but the novel did lack a strong story.

My ranking for this series will be,
Twisted Hate
Twisted Games
Twisted Love
Twisted Lies

All in all, this series was a different experience. The romance audience loves it and I would say I liked it. I can definitely try new authors in the same genre but romance won't be my top favourite.

I have not read anything ever since October 2022, my last read was Lisa Jewell's 'And then she was gone' about which I'll share my review once I complete a few more novels.

I will be reading Alice Feeney's 'I know who you are' and 'Sometimes I lie' after I am done with my exams. 

I'll catch you in the next one,
Diana Jean

Comments

Popular Posts