Best Reads Pt.1

Heyy,

Exactly after 67 days, I am writing a new blog. I have a few writing in the little collection I own but I am uncertain about them and it would take me a few more days to review them and publish them.

This weblog is my first entry in the new series I am starting 'Best Reads'. Although I am still a rookie in the world of Bibliophilism, it is always better to have your reviews penned down. 

BBC Series (Available on Amazon Prime Video)


My first book was 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie and I fell for it instantly. The thrill it gave me is indescribable. It was written from 3rd person's perspective. The only thing tricky about it is there are a lot of characters, 10 being the main. Fortunately, for me, it turned out to be astounding because ATTWN as someone's first read is not suggestible because of its literature level and the fact that you have to remember the names till the end. If you have read a few novels, especially in the thriller and mystery genre, then definitely go for it. The build-up every time was worth it. And Agatha Christie made sure that she describes the body language, the expression, and the doubt in each character's mind perfectly. Everything about this book is great. 


20th Century Studios' Film (Available on Disney+Hotstar)

My second read was 'Murder on The Orient Express' by Agatha Christie. It was phenomenal. There is only one thing that I should say- it was unlike any other mystery. The suspense was mind-blowing. I still remember I got goosebumps while reading the last chapter. That book surely will deceive your brain. It will offer you to choose, analyze, and suspect a character and then the truth will leave you in splits. It is a classic Hercule Poirot series novel. Hercule Poirot is one of the two famous fictional detectives created by Christie, the other being Jane Marple aka Miss Marple. You might find it long but this longing is rewarding. The literature level, according to me, was almost the same as ATTWN except for the French words and phrases because Poirot is a Belgium native. The book is highly recommended. 


My third read should have been 'Death on The Nile' by Agatha Christie. I have yet to finish this one. I have completed 1/3 of it and will probably finish this next month.


BBC One Series (Available on Sony Liv)

My third read, technically fourth, was 'Ordeal By Innocence' by Agatha Christie. Now, this is the book that I would recommend to first-timers. It was brief and very well put together. A classic murder mystery, I should say. The concept of the novel was unique. The literature level was lower than MOTOE and ATTWN which makes it a simple read. The thing that made me hooked till the very last was the situations taking place, at all moments something or the other was happening. It was a light-hearted mystery. 

The books mentioned above as you have read were written by the same author. One thing I can confidently say about Christie is that she is beyond perfect. Her writings have no cliché, and she makes sure that there is always space for the reader to have their guesses about the storyline. During this time I also researched future novels I wish to read and at the top of that list is 'Rock Paper Scissors' by Alice Feeney. It is a chilling thriller and I can refuse anything but a thriller. 

As for other genres, I want one related to Greek Mythology and Indian Mythology. It would be interesting and informative at the same time. 

This is the first blog of this new series and I would like to keep up and post as and when I have read something new and worth sharing.


I'll catch you in the next one,
Diana Jean 

Comments

  1. Everytime I come here, it just gets better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts