The Year Ahead

Hello,
It's been exactly 20 days since I have posted something. My last update was that I was writing "The 2018 Story" but I guess that is going to take a lot of time. Firstly, I planned to make it in a story form, like I would imagine myself as the main lead and make a story out of my life in the year 2018. Then I skipped that and thought of various other ways that I could express myself for this particular blog but nothing flashed my mind. Here I am, again, trying to convince you all to lend me a few more weeks because it is going to take a lot of time, maybe I will release it at March-end or in April. This reminds me of something, a quick storytime, the day I posted that story that I am making a blog about 2018, literally, 10-15 people messaged me about how excited they are and that they cannot wait for it. It made me feel so under pressure as if it's my exam or something. I try my best to adjust to my readers' choices but it would certainly be very heartbreaking if I am not able to deliver what you all expect. I hope that whenever you get to read 'The 2018 Story' you all like it. 

I have a lot of things to tell you, in the last weeks, I also read my first novel!! I finished it in exactly 4.5 days and every bit of it was worth it. It was an Agatha Christie crime thriller, 'And Then There were None'. I totally recommend it if you are in suspense, crime or thriller genres because the build-up was fantastic and gave me an adrenaline rush on every next page.

Likewise, exactly after 20 days, we'll complete this class as well and then we are going to be in that standard we always thought as kids was "very tough yaar". Maybe we are not as good as our seniors, who got to learn 2 years offline but what we learnt at this age, they never did. We learnt to be resilient and to be patient. What we lost to this pandemic can never be gained, ever again and neither can someone or something fill that emptiness. But we have something so much more important to hold on to, we have ourselves. Crying over loved ones we lost, worrying about family problems and going through peer pressure is part of the process. A process that will make you so strong mentally and emotionally, this process will give you the courage to take risks and be successful. What I do to deal with my problems is simply remind myself that, "something much more difficult is on my way", this might not work for everyone, but works for me well.
Next year is going to be tough and I can already picture myself getting frustrated because of long assignments and study but I am ready for it. I am grateful that at least I am getting a chance to live that experience, many children don't. I am happy and privileged to say that I study and I have got a chance to go out there and prove myself. Every one of us has a fair chance over our lives, we can not blame our parents, siblings or situations. If we succeed then it is because we worked for it and if we fail then you have to take responsibility. Family, teachers and circumstances play a big role but they cannot make that huge of a difference that you can, over your life. I am taking next year as a very small chapter of the beautiful life I've planned, I want to live through it just like I did all along. I want to embrace the upcoming academic year fully, wherein I study hard, have fun with my friends in school and if our school plans a trip then go with them. 





If I talk about what I learnt in this class, was a lot about Atoms and some crazy Geometry which got me no marks. Lame jokes apart, I realised the worth of people this year, how well they are connected to me and I am with them. I also tried to set my priorities right and work on myself. I was satisfied but I could have done better. I have no regrets this year, but a small suggestion for my future self. I want my future self not to procrastinate and to be more logical because that makes a huge difference. 
All in all, I don't want to waste time because I have no time to waste time... you guys getting me? Never mind, I wish all my schoolmates who are reading this All the Best for Finals and the next session.

We all will have a great year ahead!

I'll catch you in the next one,
Diana Jean.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts