my 'Social Media' life

hi,
I have always criticized people to be on social media. I criticized them for wasting their time and that it would do no good to them or, maybe that was just my defence mechanism. I was never exposed to the internet community and I still am not, I mean who all are reading this right now? My friends. Being a small kid I was always taught that social platforms are a bad influence and you'll get distracted and that is how I've moulded myself. 
I no longer think that I'm missing out on something as I used to previously. I can't even express how bad I used to feel when my friends talked about their experiences and stuff that I didn't know. That left out the feeling was soon replaced by this strong mentality against the online community. I started assuming wrong things about others and to put it flatly, I judged them. The change I saw in myself in the last year was huge.


The last 2 years were very different for me. I grew up so much mentally that I would have not in normal times. I started to develop a clearer and better view of right and wrong. If you would have asked me 2 years back about anxiety in teens I would have said, "They pretend it all." But I won't do that now because I have seen people feeling this sense of helplessness while dealing with their anxiety. And I am proud to say that I've grown out of that thinking. It is not always necessary for you to feel certain things to understand someone else's emotions. Did I just say that? Sometimes I don't even realise that I'm that big because the last thing I remember is asking my mom to help me dress up for sport's day. [p.s. I still like being dependent on her for such small-small things.]

The same happened with social media I did change my perspective. Your opinion matters but that do not mean that it is always right, I guess I just understood that. If the online community is a bad influence then there are people out there who earn their living and enjoy being themselves and it would be too much to judge billions of people. 
And I feel much better now because earlier I used to overthink things that do not even affect me. I am happy I changed. This one would be small as I am caught up with some exams lately.

I'll catch you in the next one,
Diana Jean.


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts